Blue colour flowers are perhaps the most extraordinary flowers found on the planet. It conveys a message of love and wishes and also of highest struggle to arrive the zenith. Blue flowers make a contemplative mood by its cooling and calming impact. Simultaneously, it is accepted that blue flowers slow down metabolism and decrease appetite.
Thus typically blue flowers stand for loyalty, trust, intelligence, wisdom, truthfulness, faith and confidence and give a sense of stability, confidence, nobility and security.
Table of Contents
1. Why Blue Flowers are Rare
Blue is the rarest flower colour, seen on only 10 per cent of the 280,000 flowering plants on Earth. Among those who specialize in colour analysis, it is sometimes claimed that, in reality, there has never been a right blue flower, nor will there ever be one. This has to do with the truth that there is no blue pigment in the plant kingdom and colours that appear to be blue are permutations of violet or purple.
Blue is the most extraordinary blossom tone, seen on just 10% of the 280,000 blooming plants on Earth. Among the individuals who have practical experience in shading investigation, it is in some cases asserted that, in all actuality, there has never been a good ‘ol fashioned bloom, nor will there ever be one.
This has to do with the method that there is no blue shade in the plant realm and shadings that have all the earmarks of being blue are stages of violet or purple. Thanks to a Japanese plant reproducing project that took 13 years to produce the ideal outcome, a form of a most famous flower was finally developed that, as determined by England’s Royal Horticultural Society, was officially blue, regardless of whether hacking was engaged in its creation.
2. Our Love for Blue Flowers
A blue flower represents desire, love, and motivation. It is a flower that represents the robust making for the impossible and infinite. Color blue in the flower that is for goal-oriented individuals who would like to reach for the unreachable and wouldn’t leave any stone unturned to achieve their goals.
Blue booms speak inspiration and hope and thus, making it the perfect flower for them. Blue flowers additionally feature on Heinrich von Ofterdingen, an unfinished publication of Novalis, where a blue flower absorbs the attention of the protagonist.
3. Interesting Facts About Blue Flowers
- The shades of Blue Hydrangeas fluctuate as per the alkalinity of the soil.
- The analysts from Japanese & Australian companies named Suntory and Florigene individually took 14 years to create the world’s first Blue Rose.
- The Blue Dandelions are local to Europe & Asia, which are now available widely across the world.
- The Grape Hyacinth is an exceptional and beautiful bulb-shaped blue flower, which grows in clusters in mid-spring.
- Bellflowers are the charming starry or bell-shaped flowers, which relate to the realm of fairies and are additionally referred to as “fairy thimbles.”
- Aster comes in lovely shades of red, purple, blue, yellow, white, and pink, which is the last plant to bloom in a year.
- Morning Glory is a saucer-shaped blue blossom, which is named as morning glory since the flower blooms throughout the day and dies by evening.
- They are generally utilized for the ornamental purpose in weddings and celebrations.
- Violets are edible flowers whose substance is frequently utilized in desserts, while petals are used to decorate desserts and salads.
- Blue Gentian is a novel flower prevalent only in Europe.
- “Forget Me Not” is a pretty minimal blue blossom with yellow stamens that blooms mostly in summer. In the 15th century, it was trust that their lovers would not forget the wearers of this flower.
4. Most Beautiful Types of Blue Flowers
Blue is a colour which is related to intellect and spirituality. It has calming impacts and helps one to rest better. While light blue is the colour of tranquillity, calmness and peace; dark blue passes significance and certainty. Blue is likewise related to sadness, depression and grieving.
a. Blue Hydrangea
Blue hydrangea is an absolute breathtaking flower. Some blue hydrangeas come in distinctive and striking tones, while a few are in subtle shades like powder blue or sky blue. The shades of blue differ according to the alkalinity of the soil. Blue hydrangea flower passes on a genuine and intense feeling of affection when given as a gift.
Delphinium flowers come in some of the genuine shades of a blue tone. This dolphin formed flower stands for fun, silliness, emotional connection and big-hearted in the language.
Dandelion flower is related to love, affection, desire, sympathy while the blue dandelion flower represents loyalty, happiness and tranquillity. It is a famous blossom in folklore and legends and has been symbolic in the diversification of cultures. These blossoms are native to Europe and Asia yet are now available accessible broadly over the world.
d. Grape Hyacinth
This flower is a charming and unique bulb-shaped bloom which grows in clusters in mid-spring. They are found in purple, white and yellow variations. Grape hyacinth is related to rebirth and represents games, sports, rashness and playful happiness. Grape hyacinth symbolizes constancy and trust.
Clematis is a flourishing climber plant that is generally utilized for an elaborate reason. ‘Crystal fountain’, ‘Ice Blue’, and ‘Arbella’ are a few right blue varieties of this flower. The meaning of clematis is mental prowess. The blue clematis signifies reliability, ingenuity and courage.
Blue starflower is an ideal blue flower for gardens. It blooms in clear blue clusters on greenish-yellow foliage. It signifies steadfastness and affection.
Aster is the rearmost plant to flower in a year and come in shadings like red, purple, blue, pink, yellow and white. The flower symbolism connected with asters is daintiness, love and peace. Asters are also believed to possess alleviate.
Assuage properties. In ancient times, it was thought that burning aster flower leaves would drive away evil and other thing associated with it.
h. Morning Glories
Morning glory is a saucer-shaped flower that blooms in shadings like blue, yellow, purple, red and pink. This star-shaped flower is aptly named morning glory as of the flower blooms during the day and dies by evening. These flowers symbolize love and affection. These are utilized for ornamental decorative in wedding and parties.
Iris flower is related to faith, wisdom, cherished friendship, hope and courage. It was utilized in medieval times In the Mary Gardens. The blade-shaped foliage of this flower denotes sorrows which pierce the heart. Iris has been perceived as the dancing spirit if the early summer for its various colours. Its rippling petal frequently reminds me of butterfly wings fluttering tenderly in the breeze.
j. Forget Me Not
This flower symbolizes true love and recognition. In the 15th century, it was accepted that their lovers would not forget the wearers of this flower. This is a pretty small blue flower with yellow stamens and blooms mainly in summer.