One of those lifelong elaborations that are never lacking in the kitchen because it is easy, economical, and very energetic to charge your batteries and reach the end of the day like a new egg with potatoes.
- Four eggs
- 300 g of potatoes
- 150 g red pepper
- One teaspoon of sweet paprika,
- One teaspoon of hot paprika
- Three bay leaves
The egg is a very nutritious and versatile food that has been in our daily diet since time immemorial. Combining its energetic power with the satiety of the potato and the antioxidant of the pepper and the paprika make this recipe a three in one ideal for those days when you need extra energy.
If you are also a vegetarian, it will provide you with high-quality proteins.
2. How To Do It Step By Step
- Boil the potatoes in salted water and two bay leaves for 40 min. Simultaneously, washing and putting the pepper in the oven, preheated to 200º, for 25 min.
- Take the potatoes out of the water and set aside. Take advantage of the water to cook the eggs for 5 min; cut the cooking by putting the eggs in cold water. And peel carefully.
- Remove the skin from the pepper and potatoes. Cut the pepper into strips and the potatoes into slices. Grease a pan with oil, let it heal, and put the potato slices in it. Dora a minute for each side.
- Distribute the potatoes in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with hot paprika. Then, distribute the peppers on top and finally the eggs. Top it with a touch of spice, sweet paprika, and bay leaf for garnish.
3. Did You Know-potatoes
Yes, it’s correct. Eggs have a lot of cholesterol. It is calculated that a medium one, about 65 g, provides 230 mg.
However, several studies have shown that consuming eggs in moderation does not influence cholesterol levels. One of the reasons is that they contain lecithin, which helps to counteract it.
It is calculated that a healthy and the adult person can take almost one egg a day, but taking into account that there are also eggs in cakes, cakes, and sauces that we consume.
In the case of people with cardiovascular problems or hypercholesterolemia, it is advisable to reduce their intake between 2 and 4 weekly.