A smooth, exquisite, colorful, and very nutritious dish for a special occasion or to succeed on a holiday without damaging your pocket egg with avocado and prawns.
- Four eggs
- 100 g of arugula
- Two avocados
- Two files
- 12 cooked prawns
- Salt and pepper
- Four tablespoons of olive oil
If you are looking for a smooth, nutritious, fruitful, and cheap dish, poached egg with avocado and prawns is your ideal dish.
It has the triple nutritional power of eggs, shrimp, and avocado rich in protein and vitamins but it is also beautiful for a party lunch or dinner and very little money if you buy the cooked prawns.
2. How To Do It Step By Step
a. The Poached Egg
- Boil a saucepan with water to make the eggs.
- Cut four squares of 25 x 25 cm plastic wrap.
- Line the inside of a small bowl with a piece of film, letting the excess paper hang down the sides. Pour in a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Crack an egg into the bowl. Join the four ends of the paper and close by twisting until you wrap the egg in a small package. Tie with kitchen string.
- Wrap the four eggs in the same way.
- When the water starts to boil, lower the heat and put the eggs to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take them out of the hot water carefully and place them on a plate. Remove the thread and remove the plastic wrap reservation.
b. The Garnish
- Wash and dry the arugula reservation.
- Peel the prawns and reserve.
- Wash, dry, and scratch the skin of the files. Then squeeze them.
- Peel the avocados and cut them into thin slices. Water them with lime juice.
c. To The Presentation
Make a rocket crib. Spread the avocado slices on top, first, then the peeled prawns, and finally the egg. To top it off, salt and pepper and sprinkle the lime zest on top.
3. Did You Know-Egg
The egg is a seed of life, rich in essential nutrients. If taken in moderation, it provides more benefits than harm. An egg only contributes between 90 and 100 kcal, depending on its size, so it does not fatten much.
As for the fats it contains, almost half are monounsaturated, the most beneficial. Besides, it is rich in iron and premium proteins. And if you want more recipes with avocado, find out here.